rashdanland
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

Pronunciation

اذهب الى الأسفل

Pronunciation Empty Pronunciation

مُساهمة من طرف المدير 17/2/2008, 5:01 pm

Unit One: TH, as in THINK, BATHROOM, and TEETH.

Watch this QuickTime movie on the word 'Thought' to see how to correctly make the 'TH' sound (894k).
Minimal Pairs (178k) In this exercise, you will hear pairs of words that are the same except for one sound. In this case, TH is being compared to other similar sounds. Listen and compare.
Try this Dictation to practice the differences between TH and other sounds.
Here is the complete lesson from our workbook in MP3 audio , as well as the PDF version.
Here's a video of Brian explaining the differences between the voiceless and voiced TH. (7.8mb)
Listen, practice, and record your voice to have a conversation with a native speaker (microphone required).
Practice these tongue twisters to improve your TH (microphone required).
Unit Two: TH, as in THOSE, MOTHER and SOOTHE.

Watch this QuickTime movie on the word 'Thy' to see how to correctly make the 'TH' sound (725k).
Minimal Pairs (219k) In this exercise, you will hear pairs of words that are the same except for one sound. In this case, TH is being compared to other similar sounds. Listen and compare.
Here is the complete lesson from our workbook in MP3, as well as the PDF version.
Try this Dictation to practice the differences between TH and other sounds.
Listen, practice, and record your voice to have a conversation with a native speaker (microphone required).
Practice these 5 tongue twisters to improve your TH (microphone required).
Unit Three: L and R, as in COLLECT, CORRECT, LAMB, and RAM.

Minimal Pairs (228k) In this exercise, you will hear pairs of words that are the same except for one sound. In this case, l and r are being compared to each other. Listen and compare.
Try this Dictation to practice the differences between L and R.
Here is the complete lesson from our workbook in MP3, as well as the PDF version.
Here's a video of the differences between L and R (5.6mb).
Practice these 10 tongue twisters to improve your L and R (microphone required).
Unit FOUR :i and I, as in SEEN and SIN.

Minimal Pairs (228k) In this exercise, you will hear pairs of words that are the same except for one sound. In this case, i and I are being compared to each other. Listen and compare. .
Try this Dictation to practice the differences between i and I.
Practice these 10 tongue twisters to improve your i and I (microphone required).

Unit FIVE: s, sh, and ch.

Minimal Pairs In this exercise, you will hear pairs of words that are the same except for one sound. In this case, S, CH, and SH are being compared to each other. Listen and compare.
Try this Dictation to practice the differences between i and I.
Practice these 10 tongue twisters to improve these sounds(microphone required).

Unit SIX: V and W, as in Vine and Wine

Minimal Pairs (114k) In this exercise, you will hear pairs of words that are the same except for one sound. In this case, V and W are being compared to each other. Listen and compare.
Try this Dictation to practice the differences between v and w. (42k)
Are you having trouble saying WOOL, WOOD, and WOLVES? Watch this video.
Practice these 10 tongue twisters to improve these sounds(microphone required).
Unit SEVEN

Here's a video of Brian explaining how to make the sound that you can find in words like Zsa-Zsa and OCCASION.
Minimal pair exercise for words like LEGION and REGION.
Try this dictation to distinguish the two sounds.

UNIT EIGHT: E and A, as in BET and BAT

Minimal Pairs In this exercise, you will hear pairs of words such as BET and BAT.
Try this Dictation to practice the differences between the two sounds.
UNIT NINE

Minimal Pairs In this exercise, you will hear pairs of words which either contain the schwa or not.
Try this Dictation to practice your listening and spelling.

UNIT TEN

Minimal Pairs In this exercise, you will hear pairs of words such as ROAR and ROWER.

UNIT ELEVEN

Minimal Pairs (114k) In this exercise, you will listen and compare the sounds P and F.
Try this Dictation to practice the differences between P and F.

UNIT TWELVE

Here is the complete lesson from our workbook in MP3 audio , as well as the PDF version.
Minimal Pairs (114k) In this exercise, you will listen and compare the differences in the words bought, bat, but, bet.

UNIT THIRTEEN

Minimal Pairs (114k) In this exercise, you will listen and compare the difference in sounds like in whether and weather.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the answer key to all the lessons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a poem being read to illustrate the crazy spelling of English and how it relates to the pronunciation. It's read in a standard Canadian-English accent.

Other ESL Pronunciation Pages on the World Wide Web:

Pronunciation Power, a CD-ROM for ESL pronunciation students
For Pronunciation teachers, try the TESOL Speech and Pronunciation Interest Section.
For more online phonetics, try the University of Iowa's excellent website.
Study an interactive IPA Chart.
المدير
المدير
Admin

عدد الرسائل : 441
العمر : 32
تاريخ التسجيل : 06/01/2008

https://rashdanland.ahlamontada.com

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى